Friday, 30 November 2012

black vintage dresses from the forties and everything to match

1940s dress black and gold sequins c Hello, and happy Friday to you! I haven't done an outfit post for a while, so here is what I wore a couple of weeks ago (I can't believe it's been that long, really) when I went out for dinner with John. I wore a black vintage 1940s dress with dark gold sequins, my new – or maybe not quite so new now? But then I think of any shoes I've had for under a year as new! – black and gold shoes, and ended up popping a light cape over the top as it was pretty cold and I realised once again I could do with an Autumn coat of come sort. I didn't mind too much being cold on the way to the city though, as it built up an appetite for a great meal which I'll post soon! It seems unbelievable that it could have been so cold as yesterday it was almost 40C but more on that – or, rather, another outfit post and a fun night – soon! gold black eyeliner b I tried the gold liquid eye liner, a gift from Lime Crime, for the first time, and paired it with a small black line and flick. 1940s dress black and gold sequins a And black and gold vintage manicure nails with moons – I was keeping very matchy matchy for a change! 1940s dress black and gold sequins e 1940s dress black and gold sequins d 1940s dress black and gold sequins b

16 comments:

Alli said...

Gorgeous outfit! Those shoes and dress go together like a dream :)
How you walk in those shoes I do not know....I can walk in stilettos,but those I would find difficult. Clever girl:)

Kati said...

It all goes so, so well together!
-Kati

Anna-Nathalie said...

Fiiin make up :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

This dress is so elegantly pretty. It has a fun side and a serious side at the same time, and strikes me as the kind of piece that one could wear to nothing short of a myriad of events and occasions.

♥ Jessica

Camilla said...

Such a lovely dress!!! =)

XOXO
http://www.mademoiselleparis.com.br

becky. said...

your make-up is beautiful! you look so stunning and lovely x

Sharleena Bramley said...

Gorgeous dress, snazzy shoes!
You look wonderful!

Sharleena xx

Caitlin said...

That dress is so pretty! It goes so well with your makeup!

~Caitlin

Hannah said...

Ah the dress is heavenly and those are so gorgeous, you look delightful! x

Vintage Virgin said...

I'm always so jealous of your clothes! I don't ever seem to have any luck in finding the right ones that fit.

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

I've removed myself from the blog-o-sphere for the past few months due to a hectic last term of school, but I must say that regardless, I always managed to sneak a peak over to your corner of the world wide web. And now it's summer, I'm back and shall be avidly following your posts and getting inspired

Katie Frank said...

yay, i have never seen you in black <3 but your look stunning <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Sleekit said...

Love this, classic but the shoes are so devine, need to get me some of that Lime Crime

see what I did there

Sleekit x

Sushi said...

Love the flick of gold with your black eyeliner! Must try this sometime x Sushi

Loutch said...

Your blog is amazing, so you are and this incredible dress ! Love from France

Melanie said...

Your make-up and your hairstyle are gorgeous ! So fifties ;)

Love,
Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...