Sunday, 18 November 2012

dumplings, tea, and a vintage mustard beaded dress

mustard 1940s dress a Last Tuesday I went to a tea appreciation master class at Melbourne's Oriental Tea House, hosted by Cecylia. We were treated to an informative talk about the ritual of tea and the health benefits, and then treated to dumplings, sweet and savoury, all matched to the appropriate tea. It was great to catch up with blogging friends, too!

I am making the most of the cool spring weather at the moment and wearing my new (to me, of course) 1940s dresses. For this, I wore my mustard dress with gold and silver sequins and beading, and my silver glitter platform shoes from topshop. I picked up on the silver in the dress with my silver liquid liner, a gift from Lime Crime. I love the double liner look at the moment. I didn't have time to take pics beforehand, so here is me, freshly rumpled from a rush hour train followed by a hot drive in peak hour traffic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining – it was a great afternoon! oriental teahouse talk oriental teahouse dumplings jasmine tea Jasmine tea. I love the smell of Jasmine! oriental teahouse dumplings b oriental teahouse cec Darling Cecylia! mustard 1940s dress c mustard 1940s dress e glitter platform shoes b mustard 1940s dress d And I like this last one because of the excellent photobombing by my favourite four legged photo bomber! glitter platform shoes

24 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the shoes and the dress. Beautiful!

Sharleena Bramley said...

Oh my! Babycat is gorgeous (as are you)!
Such lovely beading on that dress as well.

Sharleena xx

alabee said...

gorgeous dress, the color is lovely with your pastel hair.

norafinds said...

Hhaahha just after I commented in your last post that I wanted to see more of that dress! Beautiful!! I truly love the details, and the color really works on your complexion. Your mixing of vintage and modern really works, and the result ist just simply classy.

Nora
NoraFinds

Sleekit said...

Lovely to see you, next time hope we get more time to chat, I'm forever chasing my tail!

Sleekit x

ZoSews said...

Oh my goodness, this dress is gorgeous. Where do you find such things?!?

Becky said...

Wow, that is one fluffy cat!

Becky
xx

Valerie Brown said...

I love it when Babycat makes an appearance!

Hester Lovelorn said...

You look beautiful as always and I'm loving the current fade in your hair! Would you mind sharing what blush you are wearing? I have the same skin color as you and think that blush is just perfect.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

This looks/sounds like so much fun! Jasmine is one of my favorite teas. And, of course, you look as lovely as ever.

Katie Frank said...

this dress is adorable, but im definitely in love with your shoes!
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Sydney said...

Tea appreciation sounds so fun! and you looked lovely for it :)

Teresa said...

I love the sound of the tea appreciation class! I also love the colour of your dress. Just gorgeous!

Yours Truly, x said...

Ahh this dress is lovely! I adore the colour combination with your hair! Perfection! <3

Yours Truly, x said...

Ahh this dress is lovely! I adore the colour combination with your hair! Perfection! <3

Esz said...

That dress is so perfect! It's actually quite similar to what I'm planning for my Xmas outfit. Though mine will be in olive rayon crepe and black sequin & bead embellishments. The pattern I think I'll use from my tropical print dress. So excited!

Love those shoes too. Always coveting your shoe collection. How did those amazing black and gold Top Shop ones go (with the crazy-awesome heel)? Do you buy those instore or online? I still haven't been down to the retail shop and I worry the stuff online doesn't look as nice in reality. Hmmm.

esme and the laneway said...

Esz: Your Xmas outfit sounds good! I buy them online as the store here doesn't have them. I'm really happy with their shoes atm – the fancy ones are haaaard to walk in, even for me, but I love them! These silver ones are ultra comfortable, walk-all-day-in shoes :D

Vickie said...

gorgeous dress & I love the last two photos :)

vintagevisions27 said...

I love the dress. What a beautiful color!
-Emily

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a wonderfully lovely afternoon and outfit for it. Mustard/saffron yellow has my hue of the season, if only from an inspiration standpoint (I don't own very much of it yet - despite a lot of hunting for mustard yellow vintage bargains), and I positively adore your 40s frock in this warming, beautiful hue.

♥ Jessica

ourdailydress said...

Damn, tea appreciation sounds much better than wine appreciation!

Michelle's Style File said...

Looks like such a delightful arvo! Hopefully next time I can make it. Loving those shoes too!!!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.com

Miss Fairchild said...

I will never understand how you can walk in those shoes - but they do look great on. Love the dress.

jodeska said...

Wow your hair is AMAZING

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...