Monday, 26 November 2012

packing my vintage red hat box for a summer break

packing for daylesford vintage red hat box This weekend just gone I took my vintage red hat box out of the cupboard and packed it for a stay in Daylesford, a small and very pretty country town about an hour or so from Melbourne. It's one of our top short break places to go to and I was spoiled with some luxury accommodation (a Harpers Bazaar room!), fancy food and spa treatments – yes! I have loads of photos to share with you and I can't wait to post about it all, as well as posting sooooo much stuff (deep breaths) (think turtle: slow and steady) from the past week or so. I now have a few extremely busy, and no where near as nice as my last few, boo, days coming up and I am suddenly really tired for some strange reason at the moment as well, but I will get back to regular blogging very soon. At least I have some fun things to look forward to in the next few evenings. And then, hurry up Friday! It can't come fast enough! What did you do last weekend?

10 comments:

Mrs Advocat said...

Adorable idea to pack in a hat box! I love hat boxes and that looks like a great one, wonderful colour and a bit sturdier than those in paper.

Kati said...

Oh what a nice suitcase that is!
-Kati

Miss Fairchild said...

A mini break would suit me just fine right about now. Instead I have kids birthdays and xmas to worry about. The weekend saw us in Geelong for our eldest daughters Ballet concert and I am still recovering. I will have to live vicariously through your relaxing break instead!

Cara-Leigh Jane said...

Your hat box is lovely. I love using different types of bags for things. I get some funny looks when I use what is supposed to be a knitting bag for everyday use, but it's just too pretty not to! Your trip sounds wonderful, I desperately need to get away from rainy rainy England lately.

Cara-Leigh
http://sweetchivalry.blogspot.com

Alli said...

Lucky girl ! :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Wonderful pops of colour to take along with you on your weekend travels. Sounds like you had a terrific time, and I'm excited to read more about it.

Wishing you a beautiful week ahead,
♥ Jessica

Amanda said...

Lol. I am constantly comparing myself to the tortoise! So I loved seeing you reference it as well. (Usually my tortoise thoughts are when I'm doing actual physical activity....much like the fabled tortoise. I run so slowly I could probably get places faster if I just walked quickly!)

Teresa said...

I saw some pics on Instagram of this weekend away. It looks so very lovely and I can't wait to see your photos.

I was actually in Melbourne last weekend to catch up with close friends. :)

Ahka Vintage said...

Can't wait to see the photos! Fantastic idea of using a hat box as an overnight bag too!
www.AhkaVintage.com

esme and the laneway said...

Mrs Advocat: exactly, much sturdier than the also lovely cardboard ones. If only it was the right size for hand luggage on a plane!

Miss Fairchild: haha I know what you mean! I will try to make the posts as relaxing as poss for you :)

Cara-Leigh Jane: that's the nicest thing, using these special things instead of everyday boring old counter parts! :D A knitting bag sounds ace!

Jessica Cangiano: thank you! It was colourful and wonderful! x

Amanda :D :D :D

Teresa: oh I hear the weather was good here? Hope you had a super good time!

Ahka Vintage: it needs to be taken out as much as possible! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...