Friday, 20 December 2013

1940s red and green, deco mirrors and summer rain

deco-mirror-1940s-red-green Phew! It was 40C yesterday and is still pretty warm today – summer realised it was late and arrived with a bang! This is what I was wearing some day last week, when it was much cooler and sometimes raining, and I knew it was now or never for wearing my 1940s print rayon dresses. I have a clothes steamer now so looking after them is sooooo much easier. I also love where we put this deco mirror, as it bounces more sunlight about the house. I think I am actually going to end up with a bit of a collection of them. Well, three or four. 1940s-red-green b This red and green one took a back seat when I had blonde and lilac hair as I didn't think they really went together. I wasn't sure if it would work well with red hair, either, but but but it does! Yuss! 1940s-red-green c It started raining again for the two minutes when we took these pics. Typical! You can see the rain drops if you look closely enough... now, let's hope we don't have another 40C until next year, ok please thanks! 1940s-red-green d 1940s-red-green e

7 comments:

Michelle Roger said...

Ooo definite dress envy. That is so pretty.

beate grigutsch said...

beautiful dress!
and that little jacket is very pretty too.....

Fräulein K. said...

The dress colours working great with the haircolour

nulca said...

Whenever I visit your blog, it always makes me happy. You're such a nice person, and so beautiful! I hope you'll keep on posting forever! And that you'll never delete your blog :))

Have a nice day, greetings from Poland!! :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Very lovely dress, I like the jacket with it. The grey tights look super with it too. Hot hot times...you can send some of it to Scotland if you wish ;) Have a great weekend xx

Elke said...

You are so beautiful and stylish. From head to toe!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Eeeppp!!! That dress is the bee's knees and then some! I love the colour palette, pattern and timeless lines it boasts. What a great 1940s piece to have you wardrobe, especially for when the mercury starts climbing and short sleeves become a must.

♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...