Thursday, 19 December 2013

bingo, poppies, and sunflower fears

pihrana a A few weeks ago I went out for an evening of bingo. Bring back dinner-and-a-show nights and my dream of old time evening entertainment would be complete! old-rooves melbourne-factories This bingo night was by Nuffnang and took place high up in Prahran's The Cullen hotel. I drove in with Trish and we parked in the sidestreet nearby. There's a real mix of old Melbourne buildings, warehouses and factories and old homes and so on, and then brand new ones too. Do you have a preference? I love the old, crumbling brick factories and the wooden frame windows, rough and splintery from decades of looking out at the world. bingo-t a Trish and I have the same camera and they must have got mixed up because I took a lot of photos of her but have none in my camera – Trish, you must have had two rounds of your outfit shots in yours! Luckily I got this candid one in. How cute is the white and red! vintage-yellow-floral a I wore a vintage cotton dress with green and yellow flowers. They look more like poppies but they remind me of sunflowers and I love that – I used to be scared of sunflowers when I was little (?!) but I love them now. How could anyone not love a sunflower! vintage-yellow-floral b It has bow at the waist. vintage-yellow-floral c And this weird mirror and window reflection was a bit like the funny mirrors at the circus! the-cullen-melbourne We were going up to the top. skm-glitter Candice was our beautiful sparkly bingo caller! cintia-geometry Cintia was looking as amazing as usual in her fab geometrics! bingo-t b vintage-yellow-floral dmelbourne-view-sunset a We checked out the view from the balcony before getting down to some serious bingo business. It was not going to be a winning night for me but that's ok, it was still fun! Now, for some show and dinner and dances... skm calling bingo a no go

11 comments:

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

What a beautiful vintage dress! Lovely photos :)

Fräulein K. said...

wonderful outfits i really like them

xo Fräulein K.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Stunning pictures, looks like a fun time x

Bodil Loïs said...

You all look beautiful, love the color of your dress :) Have a great week!

X

Alli said...

What gorgeous outfits! Looks like a super night was had :)

Sarah said...

That is such a beautiful dress! It looks like you had a fun time x

Margarita Bloom said...

You always look so gorgeous lovely! I adore your dress! Heehee, you've certianly glammed up the idea of bingo for me!! and what a View!!!

- Regina
Margarita Bloom: Retro Beauty & Skincare
http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com

Charis said...

Ohhh I absolutely love this dress!

Jessica Cangiano said...

You all look so magnificent! That really must have been the most stylish bingo night of all time.

♥ Jessica

Charlotte said...

I love that bingo-caller's outfit! She is by far the most glamorous bingo-caller I've ever seen, and a credit to her profession, to be sure!
Your photos are lovely, and you and your dress and your hair are just too cute!
Have a wonderful day!

laura redburn said...

i never thought i'd say this, but that looks like my kind of bingo!

also, i LOVE your dress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...