Wednesday, 21 May 2014

navy and silver sequin skirts and navy and black

fn-navy-sequin-skirt c I've enjoyed wearing my green sequin pencil skirt so much that I knew it was a good thing to be trying new things in the wardrobe department and was definitely something to keep up with, and so I was chuffed when Forever New gifted me this navy and gunmetal/silver/grey sequined and beaded skirt. I am magpie-ing over anything sparkly at the moment.

fn-navy-sequin-skirt b I took some pics of it during the day time although it was so dark and rainy and stormy it was really dark anyway – so much for awesome natural light! Here it's matched with my fitted navy blazer from h&m (so surprisingly good) and a basic navy long sleeve top that I bought, also from Forever New – yikes, almost head to toe – just before we went on holiday (it has turned out to be a most practical buy) plus black tights – there is black in the skirt, which helps with the matching there, plus I like navy and black together anyway. The skirt sits below the waist, which does take some getting used to for me, but I hoiked it up a bit so it sat on my waist – I could have gone down a size for this if I wanted to always wear it like that. (Speaking of the size, it's true to size to a little on the generous side, I think.) Also, black heels – although I'm a flat shoe convert at the moment, at least during the day time. Someone needs to hide my Dunlops from me, seriously.

I can definitely see myself wearing this skirt in the day time, too, this winter, with a thick snuggly jumper, maybe a blouse underneath it (for the collar), opaque tights and ballet flats. Maybe a nice chunky grey jumper.

fn-navy-sequin-skirt d GOSH I am (even more) awkward taking photos of myself after such a long break, hence coy face. I'm again wearing the Lime Crime Velvetine in Wicked, which I love these days with dark colours, and especially with navy blue – and even more so with my brown hair! I am SO looking forward to winter, the clothes, the makeup and food (and the red wine) are the best!




15 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

That is, bar none, the perfect dark, subtly vampy shade of lipstick to partner with this chic, becoming navy blue ensemble. Goodness, do you look smashing!

♥ Jessica

Kizzy Von Doll said...

It's gorgeous, love sparkle as well. All of it blends well with your hair, you look marvellous xx

Miss Louise said...

I always seem to forget that it's fall/winter in australia right now! Anyway, you're too cute as always :) Love that skirt!

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

CiCi said...

As a Brit who is just - finally - leaving winter, I can't say I share your enthusiasm for it ;) but I do love the navy, sparkle and wine lipstick combo. Very classy! CC x

By The Shore, Life + Style said...

You look absolutely gorgeous, so no need to feel awkward. But it's funny how you can fall out of practice, right?! And I'm with ya, bring on the sparkle... this skirt is absolutely divine and looks amazing with your blazer!! xoxo

Emma Redway said...

Great outfit, although it's funny as I'm excited to be getting OUT of my black tights and dreaming of wearing cotton floral dresses, now that summer is on it's way to London! I sense that you got quite a few things from H&M on your travels - it does have some gems!

Jessica said...

That blazer is so sharp I cut myself. You look fabulous.

Gabriela Neves said...

wow!



cabecanasnuvensz.blogspot.com.br

Ally said...

I love wearing navy when I have chocolatey hair!
Looking gorgeous!

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

I think Wicked looks so lovely on you. I am looking forward to seeing some winter outfits. I will be wearing lost of moisturising lip colours, thick scarves (get such a cold neck because of my short hair. And hopefully some nice patterned stockings.

Elke said...

i love your skirt! sparkly can be tricky, but you're spot on, as always :-) i would almost like to wear wintery clothes again, but... no!, i don't :-) let the sunshine come this way! i love seeing the opposite season through your pics, though.

esme and the laneway said...

Argh I thought I replied to these, I'm sorry!

Jessica Cangiano : thanks lovely! It would be great for 1930s and 1920s stuff too, I do love it! (And wear it in the daytime far too much, haha)

Kizzy Von Doll : thanks! Am loving the hair. Although did rubbish redye job yesterday – but it's so close to my natural colour you can barely see it, bliss!

Miss Louise : thanks! Yes, we're upsidedown – although it was tee shirt weather yesterday, much more like spring-summer :) x

CiCi : oh I bet some sun and warmth feels AMAZING after a long UK winter! :D Hope it's a good one this year!

By The Shore, Life + Style : thanks! Yes, the sparkle has to happen a whole lot more! :D

Emma Redway : oh I believe it – and you'll have that first bare-leg day thing which in the UK is really nice! I did get a few H&M things *blush* it was just sooo tempting after being away from it all these years. Plus our first one opened in Melbourne while I was away, so I was kind of joining in a bit... apparently there are still queues for our H&M now, almost two months later! It really does have some gems, although I'm sometimes a bit ashamed of how much I like it!

Jessica : lol thanks! It really is cut well, and fits my short self (and my loooong arms) so well. I'm so surprised it's a modern cheapy!

Ally : thanks!

Natalie_vintage_girl : oh that sound good! There's something so comforting about a nice snuggly scarf when it's cold :)

Elke : thanks! :D you'll get the best of both: look at winter pics when you feel like it but without the cold toes! xxx

esme and the laneway said...

Argh I thought I replied to these, I'm sorry!

Jessica Cangiano : thanks lovely! It would be great for 1930s and 1920s stuff too, I do love it! (And wear it in the daytime far too much, haha)

Kizzy Von Doll : thanks! Am loving the hair. Although did rubbish redye job yesterday – but it's so close to my natural colour you can barely see it, bliss!

Miss Louise : thanks! Yes, we're upsidedown – although it was tee shirt weather yesterday, much more like spring-summer :) x

CiCi : oh I bet some sun and warmth feels AMAZING after a long UK winter! :D Hope it's a good one this year!

By The Shore, Life + Style : thanks! Yes, the sparkle has to happen a whole lot more! :D

Emma Redway : oh I believe it – and you'll have that first bare-leg day thing which in the UK is really nice! I did get a few H&M things *blush* it was just sooo tempting after being away from it all these years. Plus our first one opened in Melbourne while I was away, so I was kind of joining in a bit... apparently there are still queues for our H&M now, almost two months later! It really does have some gems, although I'm sometimes a bit ashamed of how much I like it!

Jessica : lol thanks! It really is cut well, and fits my short self (and my loooong arms) so well. I'm so surprised it's a modern cheapy!

Ally : thanks!

Natalie_vintage_girl : oh that sound good! There's something so comforting about a nice snuggly scarf when it's cold :)

Elke : thanks! :D you'll get the best of both: look at winter pics when you feel like it but without the cold toes! xxx

Beth said...

LOVE that skirt. I totally want to steal it from you.

esme and the laneway said...

Anonymous Beth: hehe! It is a good one. So not vintage but I just really like it! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...