Monday, 16 June 2014

floral skirts and wolf pups

MitV-floral-skirt h A few weeks ago I was sent this amazing skirt from Estelle, a charming and very talented Melbourne designer of Micky In The Van, who I have come to know via bloggy-land over the past year and who also has one of the most incredible senses of style around town, which you can see on her instagram. I love what she does!

I don't go shopping, as in bricks-and-mortar-in-the-real-world kind, very often at all so it is nice to meet someone who runs a local, independent shop and has their own label, too. I always love to find out who's behind these creative things. (She also ran the fashion event that I missed last week that I really wanted to see, at her shop in Ivanhoe).

MitV-floral-skirt e I thought it would be fun to take some photos of the skirt in front of a wall of greenery, so off I went to the woods (ok, the local creek, which, to be fair, is surrounded by some rather lush trees and grass) and, you know, just pose with this wolf pup here..!

As much as I would like to have a bebe direwolf to do hangs with of an afternoon, this was just an amazing bit of timing. Someone walking some dogs, including this one, walked by me and my tripod, and we got talking. I asked if wolfy dog Dee here would like to be in the picture and her walker agreed. Could Dee fit into it all any better?! She seemed to enjoy being in front of the camera, even sitting down and doing some howls. Every now and then a bit of luck happens. It's a great thing. MitV-floral-skirt a MitV-floral-skirt d Estelle also sent me the matching jacket which I can't wait to wear, too. I love the floral print and the muted colours, perfect for Autumn (I just scraped in timing wise for that!) and winter, and our cold Melbourne spring. They are both such bold shapes, too. Looking forward to showing you the jacket! Wolf pup optional :) MitV-floral-skirt g

17 comments:

Demi said...

Awww what a cute Husky! I love dogs in fashion photos, they're so goofyand clueless-looking sometimes.

The skirt looks like it's protecting your knees quite well (and fashionably) and that scarf looks super warm, I'm jealous because my hands are so cold they're about to turn blue.

Demi
http://carbonchic.com.au

Miss Louise said...

your photos are so pretty it seems almost unreal! Love it and it's so refreshing to see colder weather! Here in the US, it's miserably humid :/

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

Laura said...

i love these photos and i love the skirt! and finding wee direwolf pups to shoot with is pretty neat too:-) xx

Sascha said...

Gorgeous!!

Becky Kozak said...

Your outfit is AMAZING. I love the pop of yellow in the scarf and the whole thing is just so perfect for wintertime in Australia!

xx Becky
www.miseenplaceblog.com
becandteej.blogspot.com

Natalie Mulford said...

Oh! That skirt is gorgeous, as are these photos! Very majestic. That dog is so cute, great timing indeed!

Selina said...

I love the wolfie!

Day Dreamer said...

Love your outfit! The skirt is fabulous. I love it when you find a piece of clothing that is just like no other in it's greatness! There are some items I own that I can't help but wear constantly because they are just so unique! And great timing too - the dog just creates a magic scene in your photograph! Much love

esme and the laneway said...

Demi : oh it sounds VERY cold where you are – our winter is nowhere near that bad, at least not yet. Although today was grey and rainy and icy... wo9uld need more than what I'm wearing here for sure!

Miss Louise : thanks :) yuck, humid weather is not fun. Here it is cold, rainy and v grey – definitely different!

Laura : thanks! xx

Sascha : thank you!

Becky Kozak : thanks :D

Natalie Mulford : thank you :) the dog was so good (althoiugh apparently doesn't like pats and I didn't risk finding out if it was true!)

Helen Mae said...

The dog looks so well behaved!I had some photos with a dog for a photoshoot earlier in the year and it was a challenge to get it to sit still for long enough.

Kizzy Von Doll said...

This skirt is ever so beautiful, just love it so :)) Perfect in the woods with the sweet dog, so lovely posing with you!! It would be too hot for a skirt like this just now, but crazy me would wear it any ways, ha!! I hope you have a great week :) xx

tors grantham said...

I love this, you got your own wolf! Borrowed is probably for the best, Babycat may not approve of a new sibling. Dire wolves are well and good, but they end up stealing the entire bed ;)

LOVE that skirt, can't wait to see the matching jacket!

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Beautiful photos and that dog...such a lovely encounter!! She's adorable and yes, actually looks like she enjoyed being snapped by your camera! So sweet!!
xoxo
Melodie
http://www.sevenlivesandmore.com/

Jessica said...

That dog is adorable, lucky you snagging her for a photo! It looks like she's very well trained, my old dog would have been getting muddy paw prints all over your beautiful skirt.
Cheers
Jessica, cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com

Brianna Pickett said...

These photos are stunning! Nice to see fall when it's finally turning to summer here. I'd love an endless autumn. :)


xo Brianna | Glazed Over

Rochelle New said...

Ooo I've been waiting to see more of these photos since the one you posted on Instagram (or twitter?)!! Gorgeous outfit and adorable pup! Cute, cute, cute!

Carla Ortega said...

wow! this pictures are so amazing!, love the outfit with the maxi skirt and blak top, the scarf give it much style, you look gorgeous <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...